Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Apr 7, 2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Kutuzov
macrumors member

Bind key combination to a certain character

I'm using the American keyboard layout, with an American Apple keyboard, because that layout is better suited for programming, I think, than the Swedish layout. However I still write a lot of Swedish, and so I have to shift back and forth. But the only reason I have to switch to the Swedish layout really is that I need , and .

Is there any way I can bind option+; to , option+[ to and option+' to ?
Kutuzov is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2013, 04:14 AM   #2
alec6542
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutuzov View Post
I'm using the American keyboard layout, with an American Apple keyboard, because that layout is better suited for programming, I think, than the Swedish layout. However I still write a lot of Swedish, and so I have to shift back and forth. But the only reason I have to switch to the Swedish layout really is that I need , and .

Is there any way I can bind option+; to , option+[ to and option+' to ?
Check out BetterTouchTool. It let's you create pretty much any any custom shortcut you want. Yo
alec6542 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 08:16 AM   #3
Kutuzov
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec6542 View Post
Check out BetterTouchTool. It let's you create pretty much any any custom shortcut you want. Yo
Thank you very much. It works.

For anyone else looking to do this: The key is to go to keyboard, add a keyboard shortcut, set it to trigger "a predefined action". The action you want is "paste custom text".

It doesn't work with the option key for some reason, but it works fine with the control key.
Kutuzov is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion