Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TresMusical1020

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 7, 2013
Okay, so I am a music fan. I AM NOT KIDDING! I only like Christian music, though. I like Christian Rap, Christian Pop, and Christian Hip Hop. I was looking in the appstore for a good song creator app, and they either were paid apps, or they were free but didn't have the full idea of creating a song. Can anyone help me on getting a free well-working song creating app for iPod touch from the appstore?

RoastingPig

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal
Okay, so I am a music fan. I AM NOT KIDDING! I only like Christian music, though. I like Christian Rap, Christian Pop, and Christian Hip Hop. I was looking in the appstore for a good song creator app, and they either were paid apps, or they were free but didn't have the full idea of creating a song. Can anyone help me on getting a free well-working song creating app for iPod touch from the appstore?

christian rap? yo yo my homeboy jesus like recess puffs and hes tough gotta get my new leather shoes buffed

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
Sadly their probably wouldn't be many free apps for the specific task you are trying to do. I'm not sure if garage band ($5) would solve what you nee, I'd check out some reviews in it however. Good luck.

caramelpolice

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
There's tons of fantastic software for iOS to make music with, but most of it's paid. If you want quality software, you should be willing to pay for it.

chickenwingfly

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
There's tons of fantastic software for iOS to make music with, but most of it's paid. If you want quality software, you should be willing to pay for it.

Indeed.

And it's hard to understand what you mean by "song creator app" or "full idea of creating a song".
Unless you're just mixing or sampling, then you would want a DAW and ideally a music interface (either native or via the CCK) so you can record from a guitar, mic, send MIDI and so on.
Since you're on an iPod Touch, the CCK is out and so you'd need a "native interface" aka something that uses the 30-pin/lighting port.

A good cheapo starter kit would be Garageband, a couple FX apps (maybe even a synth) and audiobus. But it's not gonna be dirty cheap.

There are some good reference blogs like this one or this one .

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY

Glad someone likes christian music. Better than the mainstream potty mouth sellout artists out now. Christan music rocks.

As for apps it I would think that they will not be very powerful. You are better using a program for the PC or Mac depending on what you have however the software might be expensive.

DjElfo

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2013
You say you are a music fan but then you say the only music you like is Christian. Not much of a music fan then are you? And, IMO, you can hardly call Christian music, music at all. Its so generic and uncreative its worse than todays mainstream garbage.

But yeah, if you want decent music creation software, you're going to have to pay for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.