Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

casshern6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Hi,

I know that there were more then a lot topics about this but none of them explains my situation.
Here it is:

When I am connecting mouse to my Macbook Pro (any USB mouse) touchpad stops working immediately.
The problem is I want to have touchpad ON not OFF when the mouse is connected. Then problem can be fixed temporary when I reboot the system - mouse and touchpad work.
The worst part is that even after I reboot (mouse + touchpad work) disconnection mouse froum USB makes my Touchpad not working.

Also it's worth noticing that all the Multitouch functions on touchpad work all the time, I can enter Mission Control and so on, every time mouse is connected the "pointer" funtion stops to work - ONLY REBOOT FIXES THE PROBLEM:/

I already tried changing the setting in system preferences "touchpad disabled when mouse connected" - no help.

I am using SmoothMouse app, maybe that's the problem?

Please help.

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
I am using SmoothMouse app, maybe that's the problem?
Have you tried it without this app?

The other thing you should test is a brand new user account. Do you get the same problem there? If not, then the cause is some preference or setting in your original account. IF you can't find anything to change, then you may want to try deleting ".plist" files in you user Library/Preferences folder that are relevant to mice and trackpads.

Sort the folder by Date Modified, and then adjust some relevant settings in System Preferences. Whichever file rises to the top will have the settings that you changed.

casshern6

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Problem solved! If you use Smoothmouse and you don't want to use it with trackpad you have to check "enable for trackpads" and choose Acceleration OFF.
Thank you for help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.