Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chromus

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2010
So I've been searching and trying to figure out how to get all the songs from the same album to actually be listed under the same album when in the Album view. I added the album to iTunes via CD, but bought the bonus songs via iTunes. Now the CD portion and bonus songs are split onto two different albums. Is there any way to fix this? I've checked the sorting options, made sure the spellings are exactly the same for artist and album title... I'm out of ideas, any help would be great. Thank you!

delphus

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Brazil
I've been in the scene. What I found is that sometimes not all id3 matches. Fix them with iTunes and also mark collection if its a soundtrack or album 1 of 1 if its just a regular album. It helps.
Cheers

PodPacker

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2006
All Together Now

Hey man, the usual culprit is the Album Artist tag. If multiple artists, make sure all tracks are tagged "Various Artists" or whatever you want it to be. If that doesn't help, check out other global tags like Grouping.

Chromus

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2010
I checked Album Artist and each song was the same. I did noticed that the songs purchased from iTunes were labeled CD 1 of 1, while the others were not. I deleted the Album Artist name and made sure each track was CD 1 of 1 and it seems to have fixed the problem. Weird, but I'm just glad it's all under the same album now. Thanks for the help guys!

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
Glad you got it fixed.

The other major culprit I find sometimes is that there is an extra space in an album name or artist or something along those lines.

Whenever I have this issue, I just select all the files that should be together, Get Info, and change the artist, album artist, and album by typing them in from scratch. That way I know they're all the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.