Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

preguntonontrac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
Hello guys. My 4S is pretty insecure... by insecure i mean is jaibroken, always on wifi at work and downloaded many fixes over cydia and i kinda dont care since i use it randomly with nothing personal on it and is not my main phone because i am using a note 2.

Today i was filming a grasshoper on the desk and after i finished taking the quick video i noticed the document where it was it has my address, social security number and other info. After 1 minuter when i realize it i deleted the video but since i know about computers and rooting the iphone folders, i am worried. Also i work in a place full of engineers.

The main question is after deleted, can i recover a video or image? and if can someone do it over wifi o phone line?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
If you have SSH installed, make sure your root and mobile passwords are changed. Also, set a passcode. With a passcode set and the phone locked, no one can get the contents of the phone. Not even Apple.

preguntonontrac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
I think you guys are missing the main point, even after deleted, can someone get into the video? I can be recovered? (from the phone or remotely)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.