Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tbluhp

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
I am trying to delete my trash but this one app "boom" which is uninstalled says won't empty trash due to app already running? This is from my time machine hard drive what can I do?

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
I am trying to delete my trash but this one app "boom" which is uninstalled says won't empty trash due to app already running? This is from my time machine hard drive what can I do?

You could try a re-boot, and then try emptying the trash again.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
I would try two things:

1) Open Activity Monitor (it's in /Applications/Utilities/). Sort the list of processes by Process Name and see if you see a process called Boom or anything that could likely belong to Boom. If you find it, click Quit Process. Try to empty your trash again.

2) Open System Preferences. Click "Users and Groups". Click on your current user on the left and then click on the "Login Items" tab. If Boom is in the list, click on it an click the minus button to remove it from the list. Reboot, then try to empty your trash again.

quasinormal

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
Sydney, Australia.
You may need to redownload the original application and use the uninstaller. I had a problem with this same equalisation application when it stopped my Mac outputting digital, even after I deleted the app, until I used the uninstaller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.