Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 8, 2013, 08:08 PM   #1
amsilverstein
macrumors newbie

iPod cutting off last minute of random songs

My iPod classic is cutting off approximately one minute of audio from random songs. The songs can be played in their entirety on iTunes. I am using Windows 8 and iTunes 11.0.2.26. This began after I upgraded to Windows 8. The songs cut off with approximately 1 minute left, then there is approximately 20 seconds of silence before it advances to the next song. This only occurs on songs I have purchased from iTunes; it does not happen with songs ripped from CDs or acquired from other sources. If I delete the song from the computer and the iPod, then download it again from iCloud and re-sync, it corrects the problem. However, this is a song-by-song cure and I have days worth of music to go through. Is there a systemic cure? I have tried one of the ones I saw on these boards, but it did not work. The proposed solution was to hold down the ALT key when starting iTunes, creating a new library in the pop-up, then importing the old library into the new one. When I tried this, I was not given the option to create a new library. Help?!?!
amsilverstein is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod