Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikewired

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
I went into a Lifebytes(Apple reseller) store to compare the MBA and rMBP screen and weight differences. When difference in weight between the two seems almost imperceptible while there is nearly a half pound of difference. The screen differences are not as much as I would have thought but definitely the retina is great. 20 min in the store is just not enough time. No decision yet on which to get. The Apple refurb price is helping me lean towards the rMBP and I will not be waiting for Haswell.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
I went into a Lifebytes(Apple reseller) store to compare the MBA and rMBP screen and weight differences. When difference in weight between the two seems almost imperceptible while there is nearly a half pound of difference. The screen differences are not as much as I would have thought but definitely the retina is great. 20 min in the store is just not enough time. No decision yet on which to get. The Apple refurb price is helping me lean towards the rMBP and I will not be waiting for Haswell.

don't forget that the 13" rmbp even has a smaller footprint than the MBA.

this is part of the reason why to me the bigger choice is between the 11 mba and the 15" mbp/rmbp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.