Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhiteIphone5

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 27, 2011
Lima, Peru
My cousin who has an iPhone 4 told me that his iPhone 4 stopped charging. I asked him if when he plugs the USB cord it makes any sound and he said no. No sound and its not detected by itunes either. I have a cracked iPhone 4 that does charge, that I don't use. Can I swap out the battery and charging port? Or is the dock connector soldered onto the logic board? Thanks

iRepairParts

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
California
My cousin who has an iPhone 4 told me that his iPhone 4 stopped charging. I asked him if when he plugs the USB cord it makes any sound and he said no. No sound and its not detected by itunes either. I have a cracked iPhone 4 that does charge, that I don't use. Can I swap out the battery and charging port? Or is the dock connector soldered onto the logic board? Thanks

Yes, you can swap out the charging port assembly without any soldering. Why not just replace the screen on the cracked iPhone, and buy a charging port for the damaged one?

I have attached a picture for your reference.

Attachments

• Apple_iPhone_4_CDMA_Verizon_Sprint_Charging_Port_Dock_Assembly_Replacement_Part_Fix.jpg
    Apple_iPhone_4_CDMA_Verizon_Sprint_Charging_Port_Dock_Assembly_Replacement_Part_Fix.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 94
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.