Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakemc1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2013
Please forgive me as this is my first post and I am not the sharpest when it comes to computers. But with that being said:

I recently downloaded the free trial of Mac DVD Ripper Pro and used my 5 free trial rips and had no problems. I really liked the program so I bought it. When i tried to rip my next disk (after paying for the program) I got a message at the top that I haven't saw before. On the other rips, the DVD file size was displayed at the top (none being over 8GB). This had two different sizes one saying "Size" and it was over 100 GB. The other said "Volume size" and was around 3GB which is the actual size of the DVD. When i go to rip them, it is pulling the 100GB version onto my Mac. I don't know how that is possible if the DVD is only 3GB. I am ripping to a TS file where it will play directly with my DVD player on my Mac. My question is: How do I get the Ripper Pro to only rip the actual size of the DVD and not the 100+GB that it is doing? Once again, I am sorry if this post is hard to decode, I am not very fluent with computer terminology as well :eek:

Thanks,

Jake

fa8362

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2008
The disc you're trying to rip is using anti-copying tech to confuse the ripping software. Nothing you can do about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.