Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Everything is all set up and I'm not getting any FB notifications on my iMac.

I get them on my iPhone...but not my iMac.

badams002

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2013
TX
Why would you think you would get them on your Mac? Do you have a FaceBook app on your Mac that no one else does? The only reason you get notifications on your phone is the FB app you probablly have on your phone. The notifications you get on your phone will not tranfer over to your Mac.

You do not need a FB app in ML to get notifications. It is built into ML to display in Notification Center. Did you acknowledge the notification on your iPhone? This could possibly be the issue.

Snarky attitudes are not helpful...especially when you wrong.

Last edited:

Journeyman79

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2010
Liverpool, England.
Why would you think you would get them on your Mac? Do you have a FaceBook app on your Mac that no one else does?

Errr, Yes he does have an app on his mac - Notification Centre!!!

On Mountain Lion Notification Centre does notifications for both Facebook and Twitter.

In answer to the OP question, have you added your Facebook username to System Prefs > Mail, Contacts & Calendars?

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Errr, Yes he does have an app on his mac - Notification Centre!!!

On Mountain Lion Notification Centre does notifications for both Facebook and Twitter.

In answer to the OP question, have you added your Facebook username to System Prefs > Mail, Contacts & Calendars?

Yes...everything is there and correct.
I can post from the notification center...I just don't get notifications.

----------

I have Contacts unchecked...but I don't think that really matters.

chrismiller262

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2008
I am having the same issue. I am also have the same issue on my iPhone with the Facebook and Facebook Messenger app. (Although on the iPhone they sporadically work.) I think the problem maybe be on Facebook's end. Not sure though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.