Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 9, 2013, 03:43 PM   #1
jamezr
macrumors 68030
 
jamezr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: US
CraigsList Score!

Scored a iPad 4 16GB with Verizon on craigslist last night for $400. Checked the serial number out in advance. met the guy at Starbucks to test everything. Had the box and charger and cable...... I am so stoked!
The refurbs sell for $579 and new ones for $629.
The thing is perfect too!
__________________
2013 MBP| iPad Air|iMac 21 iPhone 5s
jamezr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 04:19 PM   #2
MrGimper
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamezr View Post
Scored a iPad 4 16GB with Verizon on craigslist last night for $400. Checked the serial number out in advance. met the guy at Starbucks to test everything. Had the box and charger and cable...... I am so stoked!
The refurbs sell for $579 and new ones for $629.
The thing is perfect too!
Whilst I don't want to p*ss on your bonfire, but checking out a serial number with Apple doesn't prove that it's not nicked.

Just saying...
__________________
iP5s 64GB Gold | iPad Air 64GB White | iPad Mini Retina 128GB 4G White | Early 2011 MB Pro i7 2.2/16GB 15" Hi-Res Glossy | Mid 2012 MB Air 13" i7 2.0/8GB/512GB | Late 2012 iMac 27" i7 3.4/32GB/1TB FD
MrGimper is online now   3 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 04:33 PM   #3
robertpetry
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Nevermind. English to English translation error I think.
robertpetry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 06:41 PM   #4
jamezr
Thread Starter
macrumors 68030
 
jamezr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: US
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimper View Post
Whilst I don't want to p*ss on your bonfire, but checking out a serial number with Apple doesn't prove that it's not nicked.

Just saying...
true...but it can tell me about warranty and when it runs out.....giving me an idea of when it was purchased. Seller said he only had it for 6 weeks and he was telling the truth.
__________________
2013 MBP| iPad Air|iMac 21 iPhone 5s
jamezr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 09:09 PM   #5
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040
 
rockyroad55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phila, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamezr View Post
true...but it can tell me about warranty and when it runs out.....giving me an idea of when it was purchased. Seller said he only had it for 6 weeks and he was telling the truth.
True but it doesn't say anything about water damage and stuff like that. Not saying yours is but you never know, you know?
__________________
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.
rockyroad55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 09:24 PM   #6
Chocolatemilty
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad55 View Post
True but it doesn't say anything about water damage and stuff like that. Not saying yours is but you never know, you know?
I got my 4S for dirt cheap last year from a guy really needing to sell it for rent money. He got it as a gift for Christmas, and by the end of February, he needed cash. I was happy to oblige. I brought my roommate who was studying to be a psychologist (now in grad school) to help me with checking it all out and him as well. I did the same thing with checking warranty info online, brought a small light to check the water damage, and the like, and it was a pristine 4S for only $325. I made it out. I'm glad you got a great deal too...
__________________
-Major K-
MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2011)/ iPod Classic 80GB Black/ iPhone 4S 16GB White/ iPad Mini Wifi 16GB White
Chocolatemilty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:11 PM   #7
srsub3
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago
On craiglist you can get very good deals... I got a iPhone 4 16 gb for 100$ last month... worried about being stolen, but I got box and IMEI was clean.... so enjoy!
srsub3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 06:21 AM   #8
rockyroad55
macrumors 68040
 
rockyroad55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Phila, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolatemilty View Post
I got my 4S for dirt cheap last year from a guy really needing to sell it for rent money. He got it as a gift for Christmas, and by the end of February, he needed cash. I was happy to oblige. I brought my roommate who was studying to be a psychologist (now in grad school) to help me with checking it all out and him as well. I did the same thing with checking warranty info online, brought a small light to check the water damage, and the like, and it was a pristine 4S for only $325. I made it out. I'm glad you got a great deal too...
I'm not saying Craigslist is bad. I just got my iPad 4 16GB for $380. Brand new condition.
__________________
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.
rockyroad55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 07:55 AM   #9
jamezr
Thread Starter
macrumors 68030
 
jamezr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: US
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad55 View Post
True but it doesn't say anything about water damage and stuff like that. Not saying yours is but you never know, you know?
Quite right...that why you have to check them out in person. Checking serial numbers for warranty is just part of the process.......
__________________
2013 MBP| iPad Air|iMac 21 iPhone 5s
jamezr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 09:54 AM   #10
Mendozart
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
When I was shopping for an ipad on CL, I google searched for buying tips. I can't remember where I found it, but there was a list of things to do on how to make sure everything works. I wrote the steps down, and when I bought mine, it helped immensely. BTW, I scored a pristine ipad2 64gb for $320.
Mendozart is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:39 AM   #11
ramram55
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Good find on CL.
Not to rain on the parade, I did get one ipad 3 16gb At&t, with bluetooth keyboard, magic cover and smart case and cover all in boxes for $400, on Ebay.
Make sure you get the serial number and check with apple support, you will not go wrong.
ramram55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:31 PM   #12
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Winnipeg,Canada/New Delhi India
I got a 3G ipad 2 16 GB a week ago, kijiji in Canada and 2 days later,home button went bust.I had checked it before buying to see it was in warranty and it had 3 weeks left.

Yesterday walked in apple store and came home with a shiny iPad 2 3G
__________________
MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display- Late 2013 2.4/8/256, iPhone 5 16GB
AnorexicPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:39 PM   #13
ramram55
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnorexicPig View Post
I got a 3G ipad 2 16 GB a week ago, kijiji in Canada and 2 days later,home button went bust.I had checked it before buying to see it was in warranty and it had 3 weeks left.

Yesterday walked in apple store and came home with a shiny iPad 2 3G
it is time to use the home button that will avoid hitting
the physical button, this way you ipad will not be having same problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBfa...1&feature=fvwp
ramram55 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 04:39 PM   #14
AnorexicPig
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Winnipeg,Canada/New Delhi India
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram55 View Post
it is time to use the home button that will avoid hitting
the physical button, this way you ipad will not be having same problem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBfa...1&feature=fvwp
Thanks for the info but I already use it,this iPad was like 11 months old I bought from Kijiji,so that's how the home button went bad. Good for me though, got a practically brand new iPad
__________________
MacBook Pro 13" with Retina Display- Late 2013 2.4/8/256, iPhone 5 16GB
AnorexicPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:44 PM   #15
wickerman1893
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
That's awesome! I'm looking on Craigslist right now for a Mini!
__________________
Check Out Ic3d Out Apps' New Stuff! Here is our website!
wickerman1893 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:56 AM   #16
soulreaver99
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern California
I scored a white Verizon ipad mini for $250 on Craigslist. As I mentioned on the Last Purchased thread, I'm not a fan of the non retina screen but it was too good of a deal to pass up!
__________________
MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2013 | iMac 27" 2011
iPhone 5s 64GB | HTC One M8
visit the geeks office for more foodporn and tech!
soulreaver99 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2013, 01:45 PM   #17
TyPod
macrumors 68000
 
TyPod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: And Yourself?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamezr View Post
Scored a iPad 4 16GB with Verizon on craigslist last night for $400. Checked the serial number out in advance. met the guy at Starbucks to test everything. Had the box and charger and cable...... I am so stoked!
The refurbs sell for $579 and new ones for $629.
The thing is perfect too!
Sounds like a great deal, congrats! Good job meeting at a neutral site and asking lots of questions. Seems legit to me!
TyPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2013, 01:23 PM   #18
puma1552
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
so everyone here who complains about craigslist lowballers goes on craigslist and lowballs? lol
puma1552 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2013, 03:42 PM   #19
0r30
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Houston
Nice deal.
__________________
rMBP 15"
Ipad 1 64GB JB
Ipad Air 16GB JB
Iphone 5s 64gb
0r30 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Geekbench Score? eyoungren PowerPC Macs 28 Feb 23, 2014 12:47 PM
first iMac Geekbench score(s) slayerizer iMac 10 Sep 26, 2013 08:45 AM
Drawing music score twdi iPad Apps 2 Jan 9, 2013 03:11 PM
Poor Geekbench score? tomwalsh77 iMac 17 Dec 24, 2012 01:29 AM
What benchmark score for RMBP jamin00 MacBook Pro 3 Jun 18, 2012 10:21 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC