Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Apr 9, 2013, 06:13 PM   #1
kateharp
macrumors newbie

How can I stop ipod from defaulting on "on this ipod" page instead of "settings" in i

itunes 11 has caused problems with my shuffle:

when I plug it in, the itunes screen defaults on the "Settings"page instead of the "on this ipod" page. This is a hassle to have to click away from settings every time I plug it in. (see attachment https://plus.google.com/photos/11242...CO76lpzizau_LQ)

Any clue on how to change this?

Kate
kateharp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 08:18 AM   #2
slothbear
macrumors newbie

time to report a bug

This is indeed a change introduced into iTunes 11. I have not yet found a workaround but I have filed a bug at radar.apple.com. You should too.

It kind of makes sense for the full-feature devices (iPhone, iPad) to default to the settings screen, and it has always done so. This is not a change.

It makes sense for the iPod Shuffle to default to the "On This iPod" page, and it always did before iTunes 11. I need the Settings page once a year (maybe). I need the "On This iPod" page two or three times a day.

When I have time I'll dig around in the internal settings and see if there is one of those terminal "defaults write" thingies that might help.
slothbear is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod