Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h4mza

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2010
I have iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 and jailbroken and want to restore it on 5.0.1 as I'm having memory problems. I used iFaith to create a custom IPSW for 5.0.1 as I have the valid blobs for 5.0.1. So then I used iTunes to restore, but it gave me an error 1600, I have no idea why this is happening.

I tried creating a custom IPSW using snowbreeze but this time iTunes gave me an error 1604.

What do I do?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I have iPhone 4 on 5.0.1 and jailbroken and want to restore it on 5.0.1 as I'm having memory problems. I used iFaith to create a custom IPSW for 5.0.1 as I have the valid blobs for 5.0.1. So then I used iTunes to restore, but it gave me an error 1600, I have no idea why this is happening.

I tried creating a custom IPSW using snowbreeze but this time iTunes gave me an error 1604.

What do I do?

you need to put your device into pwned dfu mode in order to restore with a custom firmware. if you use ifaith, there's an option or ireb, use that to enter pwned dfu mode

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.