Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:53 AM   #1
Rob.G
macrumors 6502

Messages app is insane.

Anybody else have trouble with the Messages app?

I have a couple of people that I chat with using it to send iMessages (they're on iPhones). I have mine configured to send/receive at my iPhone's number.

What happens is that it doesn't stay synchronized with my phone. Often times, the phone will get messages first (by several minutes), or vice versa. And at some point, I'll type a message in Messages, and it'll freeze... beach ball... then when it comes back, all the messages I've entered for the last half hour or so vanish. If I quit it and reload, they reappear, though one or more of them will have failed to send.

It used to work fine, but this started up within the last few weeks, maybe a month. Maybe it was around the time 10.8.3 came out, I'm not sure. But it's doing it on two separate machines.

Rob
Rob.G is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:03 AM   #2
trustever
macrumors 6502

I have your same issue and on top of this yesterday it was fully down, to be honest I use it so rarely that I don't really care..
Why don't you try wazapp or gtalk... ?
trustever is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion