Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:58 AM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Foursquare Update Brings Explore to the Forefront of the App

Foursquare has been updated to version 6.0, which includes a significant redesign that brings the Explore section to the forefront of the app. Previously Explore's search capabilities were hidden away, requiring a tap to access the search menu.
Quote:
With the new Foursquare 6.0, we've crunched our billions of check-ins to instantly show you the most interesting things nearby. They're insights that only Foursquare can deliver, the moment you open up the app. We also put search front-and-center, so you can find whatever you're craving fast.
The updated app provides a text search bar at the top of the home screen and a robust autocomplete engine provides quicker location suggestions and search results.

The overall look of the app has changed, with Foursquare combining previously separated sections into one major feed that lists friend check-ins, restaurant recommendations, and trending locations. Checking in, the cornerstone of the app, can now be accomplished with by tapping a prominent button on the home screen.

Foursquare is a free iPhone app that can be downloaded from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Foursquare Update Brings Explore to the Forefront of the App
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:10 PM   #2
Compile 'em all
macrumors 601

That floating checkin icon is just bizarre (and wrong). The whole navigation feels very confused.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 01:43 PM   #3
quietstormSD
macrumors 6502a

Yeah the floating check in icon looks weird. Still need some time with it to get used to the new look and feel.

Twitter: @KarchaInSD
quietstormSD is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Am3r1ca16
macrumors 6502a

I never even know what this app was about
Am3r1ca16 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:18 PM   #5
Zaqfalcon
macrumors regular

Sounds like it would be handy on holiday...

...If...

...International roaming wasn't so utterly extortionate that I never bother using my phone!
Zaqfalcon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2013, 06:47 AM   #6
CJK
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Am3r1ca16 View Post
I never even know what this app was about
That's because they keep changing focus with every new version. When it was a check-in/gamification app, it was unique and fun. It hasn't been that for at least two major versions, and nearly all of my friends have stopped using it. I only use it as a way to create a kind of journal of where I've been with my kids -- as soon as I find a better app for that, I'm gone too.
CJK is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion