Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zuckuss00

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
I want to order a case for my new iPad 4. I'm just concerned because everywhere list cases that will fit the iPad 3 and also the iPad 4. Are they the same thickness? I remember hearing somewhere the new iPad 4 is slightly thicker than the iPad 3...? I don't want to order a case and find out it won't fit.

Thank you.

Satori

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2006
London
I want to order a case for my new iPad 4. I'm just concerned because everywhere list cases that will fit the iPad 3 and also the iPad 4. Are they the same thickness? I remember hearing somewhere the new iPad 4 is slightly thicker than the iPad 3...? I don't want to order a case and find out it won't fit.

Thank you.

iPad 3 is slightly thicker than iPad 2. 3 & 4 are the same.

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
There is all of a .03" difference between the 2 and the 3/4. No case is built to such tight tolerances that that difference will matter.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
As someone else said, the Belkin snapshield for iPad 2 does not fit with the iPad 3/4.

Back to the topic, iPad 3 and 4 are identical in dimensions.

Yes, exactly. Most (I'd say 90-95%) of iPad 2 cases will fit iPad 3/4, but there are a few that don't. However, all cases that fit the 3 will also fit the 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.