Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueHusky

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
Washington DC
Hi guys, I have a rMBP 13" and I noticed that the screen stutters when I am watching a flash video on full screen.

Once, I was watching a flash video while creating a bootable usb drive and the video stuttered while the video was on full screen but not while the video is not on full screen.

The second time I noticed stuttering was when I was just watching a video without running any other program and again it only stuttered while its on full screen.

I am running the screen 1680x1050 resolution. Youtube runs fine but other videos creates this problem.

Do any of you guys have the same problem?

john500y2k

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2013
Fullscreen Flash Player Fix

Download adobe flash player directly from the adobe site.

Then in chrome go to:
chrome://plugins

Click details near the top right of the page. Look for Adobe flash player and disable the one with the location Google.Chrome.app

Once I did this, reloaded Chrome and went to youtube and was thrilled to have fullscreen HD with no lag at all. Even noticed that when I clicked the fullscreen button it would be instant with no flicker as before.

On an additional note I was round a friends today and he has a windows PC and had the same issue. The above also addressed his issue.

Hope it works for you.

Originally posted here: https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/17043571/

dastinger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012

Then in chrome go to:

Click details near the top right of the page. Look for Adobe flash player and disable the one with the location Google.Chrome.app

Once I did this, reloaded Chrome and went to youtube and was thrilled to have fullscreen HD with no lag at all. Even noticed that when I clicked the fullscreen button it would be instant with no flicker as before.

On an additional note I was round a friends today and he has a windows PC and had the same issue. The above also addressed his issue.

Hope it works for you.

That's it.

Originally posted way before that, btw :p

BlueHusky

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2013
Washington DC
Which browser?

I am using chrome.

----------

Then in chrome go to:

Hope it works for you.

Thank you very much! I will try it once I get home and I will post if it fixed it. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.