Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omgwut

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 28, 2006
"Can't install Windows Support Software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server"

I get this message every single time I attempt to download the appropriate driver package for my iMac from within the Boot Camp Assistant utility in OS X 10.7.5. Its been doing this for me for at least the last three weeks.

I know how to use the model identifier for my iMac to locate a compatible driver package, but I just don't know if I'm getting the best one, so it would be nice if the Boot Camp Assistant actually did its job. Has this thing just been broken on the server end and Apple hasn't fixed it, or what?

jenzjen

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2010
"Can't install Windows Support Software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server"

I get this message every single time I attempt to download the appropriate driver package for my iMac from within the Boot Camp Assistant utility in OS X 10.7.5. Its been doing this for me for at least the last three weeks.

I know how to use the model identifier for my iMac to locate a compatible driver package, but I just don't know if I'm getting the best one, so it would be nice if the Boot Camp Assistant actually did its job. Has this thing just been broken on the server end and Apple hasn't fixed it, or what?

DL the most recent from here http://support.apple.com/downloads/#macoscomponents

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Confusing mess of links. Since you have 10.7.5 and an iMac, you'll want this if you have a 2012 iMac, otherwise you want this.

I don't think Lion was ever offered on the 2012 iMac. If the OP has a 2011 model, the 5.0 support software should work. It does on my MacBook Pro of the same vintage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.