Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng

Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:39 PM   #1
Younglearner
macrumors newbie

Effective way to promote ipad apps?

Hi everyone, I just needed some help if you can tell me what's the most effective way to promote ipad app to boost sales? All your advices will be very much appreciated.
Younglearner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:03 PM   #2
fujitsu
macrumors member

I still believe that app review sites offer an effective way to promote your iPad apps.

Here's 170+ app review sites which you could contact: http://maniacdev.com/2012/05/ios-app-review-sites/
Old Apr 20, 2013, 07:19 AM   #3
annaharris
macrumors member

There are many ways to promote your websites such as post your demo app video on you-tube, promote your demo link via forums, blogs.
annaharris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 03:38 PM   #4
saberahul
macrumors 68040

Frankly, if your app is innovative and brings something new to the table, it will almost always get noticed automatically. If it offers the same deal but works well - a review site will help increase sales. If the app is nothing more than an icon that crashes, then very clever promoting will get you to the top for about a week until people stop buying due to 1-star ratings.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 03:58 PM   #5
firewood
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberahul View Post
Frankly, if your app is innovative and brings something new to the table, it will almost always get noticed automatically.
New apps almost never get noticed automatically, no matter how innovative, unless you are a big brand or have major PR connections. Nobody will know about your better mousetrap without marketing. Unless lightning strikes you.
firewood is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 07:28 PM   #6
saberahul
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewood View Post
New apps almost never get noticed automatically, no matter how innovative, unless you are a big brand or have major PR connections. Nobody will know about your better mousetrap without marketing. Unless lightning strikes you.
Lightning tends to strike me on a daily basis…

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > App Store Business, Legal and Marketıng