Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 12, 2013, 02:56 AM   #1
beeinformed
macrumors 6502

How Do You Save Text Messages and Photos On The iPhone 5?

Hi,

I am having hardware issues with my iPhone 5 and want to save text messages and photos before doing a master reset.

Any suggestions/ideas on how I could go about doing this? Thanks!
beeinformed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2013, 06:02 AM   #2
BMX-Casey
macrumors newbie

I just used DiskAid to back mine up, Trials is free for 30 days
BMX-Casey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2013, 07:43 AM   #3
MrMacMack
macrumors 6502a

Not sure about the text messages, BMX above suggestion possibly for that. But your photos could be transferred to a computer.
MrMacMack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2013, 02:59 PM   #4
poplay
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeinformed View Post
Hi,

I am having hardware issues with my iPhone 5 and want to save text messages and photos before doing a master reset.

Any suggestions/ideas on how I could go about doing this? Thanks!
The best thing you can do is make sure you have a good solid backup of your iPhone 5. Then you can try to restore your device to that backup after the reset and see if everything is working fine.

Sometimes, unfortunately, the glitch is in some files that are backed up... which would mean that the phone would run smooth after the reset, but then the issues return after the restore. In that case, you'd want to try to just start from scratch, and you can use various tools to extract the data you need from your backups (such as the texts).

Your photos should be saved by pulling the camera roll off of the phone like you would any other camera. Something like iPhoto on Mac or the camera dialog popup box on windows? They're also in the device backups, so they're safe.
poplay is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting