Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Magnette

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
I realized every after few minutes, my iPod disconnects itself from wifi. I have to click the home button so that it will reconnect again.

This happens every night. What bothers me is that when I wake up in the morning and click the home button, that is only when the notifications from Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are rushing in like a river.

My friend's iPod touch (also a 5) does not disconnect from the internet. His connection is 24/7, so that when he clicks the home button, the notifications are already there.

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
Mine doesn't do that. I own a touch 5 as well. I leave it overnight in sleep mode and next day, I get notifications from Facebook, etc on my home screen, they don't rush in like you described.

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
My first iPod 5G lost wifi and wouldn't remember my network. Someone posted on Apple's website, that joining the "Other" network option solves this. It worked perfectly on my first 5G, and I did the same with the second 5G I bought last week. Go into Settings, and click Other for network. Type in your router's name and security type. I used WPA, and it was a lucky guess. :D Type in you password and hit Join. It should remember your network every time after that. I don't know why it works, but it does.

defunct32

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2013
I spoke too soon and this exact thing happened to me, I did what the above posted suggested by doing the "join other network" route and then setting the proxy to AUTO and it has been great so far, I hope iOS 7 doesn't do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.