Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Apr 12, 2013, 05:46 AM   #1
BMX-Casey
macrumors newbie

Exclamation The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3014).

Hi, I've recently encountered a problem where my phone will not turn on.
It gets stuck on the Apple Logo and will not restore.

Upon restoring, it Extracts the software, but as soon as it tries to 'verify' it with Apple, I get the error message:

Quote:
The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3014).
Has anyone else had this problem and is there any way to fix it?

Looks to me like a System file has corrupt in some way.

I have used DiskAid to backup my photo's and a few Apps, but it doesn't let me access some Apps and Data so I can't access everything.

Should I delete the root files? Or is that going to cause problems?

Thanks,
Casey.
BMX-Casey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2013, 07:49 AM   #2
MrMacMack
macrumors 6502a

Check it out here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error3014
MrMacMack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2013, 01:37 PM   #3
BMX-Casey
macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for your reply. But I've tried everything suggested on the Apple website, to no avail.

I think it may have been caused by a virus as it happened pretty much straight after I installed an app.

Any suggestions?
BMX-Casey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting