Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

systemstatus-1.jpg
Multiple users have emailed MacRumors and posted on Twitter that they are having difficulties sending and receiving iMessages.

Both iMessage and FaceTime were down earlier this week for several hours, though Apple's Services Status page does not indicate any problems as of 7:30AM Pacific time.

Update: Apple has updated its system status page indicating issues with both iMessage and FaceTime.

Update 2: Apple's status page indicates that the issue has been resolved as of 9:07 AM Pacific time, although we are still seeing scattered reports of problems.

Article Link: iMessage Again Down for Some Users [Updated]

rishey

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2003
app store down too?

I think the app store may be down too for downloads. I've been having the problem since late last night on multiple devices and a google search shows i'm not alone.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
What the heck is the point in the status page existing? It's clearly manually managed, otherwise it'd be showing outages all the time.

Apple still seems to suck at online services. This is fact, not trollbait for what it's worth.

Kate.

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
US
Messages works fine on my iPad but I can't even sign in on my Mac. Also can't sign in to iCloud.com either. Amazingly, this is the first time I've been hit by an outage (that I'm aware of).

crazedcujo

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Mail.....

Unable to use iCloud email all morning - and still is not working.... :mad:

I'm glad I still kept my gmail account LOL

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
POS backend obviously.

Why would I trust iCloud documents in the cloud again?
Oh right, I don't.

Dayum, Apple. Fix your internet operations.
Google's penetrating your turf - design, whilst you're slacking getting internet operations working.

Oh and please: take data integrity a bit more serious. HFS+ is a subpar filesystem and an iMac with 32GB RAM should be able to run ZFS or another data integrity checking and fixing filesystem in the 21st century.
It's not all just nice new candy features that look pretty.

Works fine for me. Android users stirring trouble this morning? :confused:

Not everyone connects to the same server.

Glassed Silver:mac

benfro6

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
My outage seems to be intermittent this morning. Has been occurring for at least the last two hours. Five minutes iMessage works great, next twenty five nothing. App Store has given me a good deal of trouble both on my Mac and iPhone.

CJK

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
The Mountain Empire
Been having trouble with the iOS App Store since around 0400 EDT, iMessage not working properly (messages occasionally failing, occasionally delivered with several minute delays).

Sheesh. "Strategy for the next 10 years" indeed.

Sykotic

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
It's been a mixed bag for me. Trouble with iMessage all morning for some of my contacts. Others are going through fine. No rhyme or reason to it.

avanpelt

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
I'm definitely seeing iMessage issues in Metro Atlanta. iMessages either fail to send completely or will show as delivered about four or five minutes after I sent them.

MaxDrago

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2009
iCloud Status check

iMessage not working as expected. More than a minute delay to send. Though this could be a backlog on the server side for something that was supposed to be seamless.
All other iCloud services seem to be working for me, as far as i can test them without flaming hoops. :cool:

Note: not in Calli

Last edited:

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Been out since 8PM PST last night. Have been on the phone with Apple for several hours trying to figure it out. My rep is very friendly and is submitting it to the engineers. We exhausted every single troubleshooting step excepting replacing my phone. Its weird because iMessages works on my iMac, MBA and iPad 2, but not my iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.