Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:24 AM   #1
slffl
macrumors 65816
 
slffl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
iPad Mini and Facebook app - keyboard hides comments

I just noticed that when trying to comment in the facebook app on the iPad mini, the keyboard pops up over the comments, and I'm unable to see what I'm typing.

However, on the iPad 3 it works like it should, the comments move to the top of the keyboard and I can see what I'm typing.

Does anyone else have this issue?
__________________
Why waste your time posting how much you hate Apple products?
slffl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:10 AM   #2
RadDave
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by slffl View Post
I just noticed that when trying to comment in the facebook app on the iPad mini, the keyboard pops up over the comments, and I'm unable to see what I'm typing.

However, on the iPad 3 it works like it should, the comments move to the top of the keyboard and I can see what I'm typing.

Does anyone else have this issue?
Hello, if not already tried - press & hold the keyboard icon at the bottom right edge - a 2-choice dialog box should appear: 1) Split or 2) Undock - slide to your choice - e.g. 'undock' will move the on-screen KB to the middle of the screen - to return, repeat the action and select the dock choice. Good luck & let us know if this solves your issue - of course, a BT keyboard does wonders!
RadDave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:36 AM   #3
slffl
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
slffl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Seattle, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
Hello, if not already tried - press & hold the keyboard icon at the bottom right edge - a 2-choice dialog box should appear: 1) Split or 2) Undock - slide to your choice - e.g. 'undock' will move the on-screen KB to the middle of the screen - to return, repeat the action and select the dock choice. Good luck & let us know if this solves your issue - of course, a BT keyboard does wonders!
Yes I already did this as a work around, but I was wondering if it's an issue with the Facebook app, or if there's some weird bug just on my iPad mini. I guess I'll try rebooting and reinstalling the app. Otherwise it's probably a facebook app issue that they will never fix.
__________________
Why waste your time posting how much you hate Apple products?
slffl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:41 AM   #4
Sydde
macrumors 68000
 
Sydde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
No, Facebook.app has become intolerable, ugly garbage. On my iPad 1, it has decided it wants to be in portrait, and crashes half the time, and it just crashed for no good reason on my mini. Right now, the best app for facebook is a thing called Fera, which really is quite nice.
__________________
You got to be a spirit. You can't be no ghost.
Sydde is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2013, 11:47 AM   #5
RadDave
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydde View Post
No, Facebook.app has become intolerable, ugly garbage. On my iPad 1, it has decided it wants to be in portrait, and crashes half the time, and it just crashed for no good reason on my mini. Right now, the best app for facebook is a thing called Fera, which really is quite nice.
Using an iPad 2 and also really dislike the FB app - usually go to that site on my laptop - now I'm not an avid user, so a check in the morning & the evening are enough for me - I've not heard of Fera, so will take a look!
RadDave is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC