Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I'm on Google+ but not actively using it. I'm about to go with it full-time and doing test posts and seeing how photos and photo albums work now since I mainly use it to follow photographers and tech related news. My question is:

Should I post things to my Photography Circle or just Public? I think that by posting public, anyone checks my profile out will see what I have. But if I post to just my circle, then only the people I have it in see it, therefore those that aren't in my circle will think my profile is a ghost town and I'll miss out on potential eyes and+1's.

Thoughts from any of you that use it?

Since none of my friends or family are on there, I wouldn't use it for that purpose as Facebook handles that.

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Im on Google+, been on since the beta. I dont use it as much these days, but here's how i use it. Only public posts are my photos. everything else i share be it music, an interesting article, a gif, and so on either gets posted to the specific circle it pertains to, or to extended circles if i feel it deserves a bigger audience.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
... and I'll miss out on potential eyes and+1's.
If you want the work to be seen, make it public - just remember to put copyright notices on images.

As for the potential eyes, what do you want the eyes for?

And as for the +1s, what do they get you? It just lets you know that someone clicked on the +1 - some people do that without thinking about it. I've seen people give a product 5 stars and still say bad things in the review.

If you want people to comment on the photos or just to share your work, then go for it. If it's just for +1s, you may want to re-evaluate why you're posting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.