Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ammara.ahmed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2013
so i needed to restore my ipod because it was frozen and unresponsive, i plugged it into itunes and hit restore. i left my computer and came back a few minutes later, and itunes told me that my ipod is now in recovery mode and that i need to restore it, just about as i was going to click restore again, itunes froze and crashed on my computer. when i opened up itunes again, it was saying that my ipod wasnt connected to the computer (even though it was) and now my ipod is off or in a black screen, and its not doing anything. i also have a broken home button on it, the home button is like stuck down.

i have jailbroken it before, but that was around a year ago and i un-jailbroke it because it caused my ipod to be slow. it is no longer in warranty, it's almost 2 years old now.

if anyone has any idea how much it would cost to get it repaired or fixed or who might do it cheaply, i live near Toronto, so if anyone knows someone who can fix or repair it please tell me. if you know how to fix it without using my home button, please tell me.

Last edited:

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
if anyone has any idea how much it would cost to get it repaired or fixed or who might do it cheaply, i live near Toronto, so if anyone knows someone who can fix or repair it please tell me. if you know how to fix it without using my home button, please tell me.
Apple offers a flat rate service. it's one price if it's a bad battery, it's another price for any other issue. Apple actually exchanges your unit with a refurbished one. Details and pricing: Service Answer Center - iPod. You would have to decide if the price is worth it or if it's better to buy a new or refurbished unit from Apple. That is presuming you can't find a way to get it repaired for less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.