Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jolatyppi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
Hello, thanks for checking by.

You know when ever you download a program or edit your settings on your Mac. Then most of the time the little box/window pops out where you will need to write your Mac password to download or to change the settings, well it does that so other people can't change or download anything to your Mac.

But I swear that I have not done anything with my computer, but why do I have this?
https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=407658&stc=1&d=1365883264

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-13 at 9.58.35 PM.PNG
    Screen Shot 2013-04-13 at 9.58.35 PM.PNG
    909.2 KB · Views: 229

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It looks like a missing or corrupted font. I'd try to restore from a backup either /Library/Fonts or /Users/<username/Library/Fonts

Your home folder Library folder may be hidden so depress the cmd+shift+g key and type ~/Library/Fonts to get there

jolatyppi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
It looks like a missing or corrupted font. I'd try to restore from a backup either /Library/Fonts or /Users/<username/Library/Fonts

Your home folder Library folder may be hidden so depress the cmd+shift+g key and type ~/Library/Fonts to get there

Hello there, thanks for the help. But I am on /Library/Fonts and what should I do there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.