Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abrahamwhistler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
Recently cleaned out my white 13" 2009 Macbook. Opened it up, dusted it out with a can of compressed air and re-assembled it. After booting up, I noticed the trackpad cursor was acting strange, and kept selecting a single file on the desktop. Afterwards I realized these keys completely stopped working on my keyboard: F3, F4, 3, E, D, C, 6, Y, H, N

Went back to open the computer up, and checked the cable that connects the keyboard to the logic board. It was properly connected, nothing seemed wrong with the connection.

I didn't touch any of the inner-components while dusting it out. So any idea what's going on?

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
Static electricity is a bitch, may I suggest a new keyboard and trackpad, or you could just buy a whole new macbook for around $500

macalec

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Recently cleaned out my white 13" 2009 Macbook. Opened it up, dusted it out with a can of compressed air and re-assembled it. After booting up, I noticed the trackpad cursor was acting strange, and kept selecting a single file on the desktop. Afterwards I realized these keys completely stopped working on my keyboard: F3, F4, 3, E, D, C, 6, Y, H, N

Went back to open the computer up, and checked the cable that connects the keyboard to the logic board. It was properly connected, nothing seemed wrong with the connection.

I didn't touch any of the inner-components while dusting it out. So any idea what's going on?

Maybe someone spilled something on the keyboard?
I would look at finding a new one on ebay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.