Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sandbird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
I read today on Cydia about the 'hiccup' with the SHSH blobs in 6->6.13 version but i didnt quite understand all of it.
Every time i was upgrading my IOS i was saving my blobs with Tinyumbrella, so I've saved all my SHSH blobs since IOS 4 with it. That includes 6.1.2 which i am currently using and i have uploaded both 6.1 and 6.1.2 to cydia using iFaith since they didnt have it.

No my question is (sorry if its stupid..i got confused so i need to clear things up)...IF something happens to my iphone and i need to restore to 6.1.2 will i be able to since i have ALL the previous SHSH blobs ? Can i use redsnow to build a custom IPSW with my 6.1.2 blob and restore my iphone with it ?
Or even 6.1 or any previous IOS 5 ?

Thanks.

ps: using iphone4, open baseband

EDIT:

I found the following post in a forum, so i think its possible to restore to 6.1.2 on a iphone4.
--------------------------
Ok, so Apple stopped signing 6.1.2. I am sure that there are many out there who by accident, or not knowing what is happening, successfully updated to 6.1.3 or had a problem with 6.1.2, that could be solved only with restore (my case ) Of course, untethered JB for 6.1.3 wont happen for obvious reasons. The reason I am posting this is because I have seen many "gurus" explaining how to do it, without even trying it. First of all Redsnow wont do the job. So forget it.
I decided to use latest Snowbreeze 2.9.13 to restore my i4 to 6.1.2 untethered JB. I have saved SHSH for 6.1.2 on Cydia and of course on my lap top (essential).
1. Build a custom IPSW 6.1.2 with Snowbreeze, use Ifaith to stitch blobs from your PC
2. Use Ireb 7 to put your device in PWNED DFU and restore it with SHIFT + RESTORE in iTunes.
3. After restore Evasion JB process will continue, so you can kill iTunes.

You could get errors 1600 to 1604 when trying to restore, but try several times, it just has to work.
Not to forget, this is only for 3GS, I4 and Ipod 4th gen.
Hope I can help someone with this
---------------------------

Last edited:

Ch3tu

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2013
I read today on Cydia about the 'hiccup' with the SHSH blobs in 6->6.13 version but i didnt quite understand all of it.
Every time i was upgrading my IOS i was saving my blobs with Tinyumbrella, so I've saved all my SHSH blobs since IOS 4 with it. That includes 6.1.2 which i am currently using and i have uploaded both 6.1 and 6.1.2 to cydia using iFaith since they didnt have it.

No my question is (sorry if its stupid..i got confused so i need to clear things up)...IF something happens to my iphone and i need to restore to 6.1.2 will i be able to since i have ALL the previous SHSH blobs ? Can i use redsnow to build a custom IPSW with my 6.1.2 blob and restore my iphone with it ?
Or even 6.1 or any previous IOS 5 ?

Thanks.

ps: using iphone4, open baseband

EDIT:

I found the following post in a forum, so i think its possible to restore to 6.1.2 on a iphone4.
--------------------------
Ok, so Apple stopped signing 6.1.2. I am sure that there are many out there who by accident, or not knowing what is happening, successfully updated to 6.1.3 or had a problem with 6.1.2, that could be solved only with restore (my case ) Of course, untethered JB for 6.1.3 wont happen for obvious reasons. The reason I am posting this is because I have seen many "gurus" explaining how to do it, without even trying it. First of all Redsnow wont do the job. So forget it.
I decided to use latest Snowbreeze 2.9.13 to restore my i4 to 6.1.2 untethered JB. I have saved SHSH for 6.1.2 on Cydia and of course on my lap top (essential).
1. Build a custom IPSW 6.1.2 with Snowbreeze, use Ifaith to stitch blobs from your PC
2. Use Ireb 7 to put your device in PWNED DFU and restore it with SHIFT + RESTORE in iTunes.
3. After restore Evasion JB process will continue, so you can kill iTunes.

You could get errors 1600 to 1604 when trying to restore, but try several times, it just has to work.
Not to forget, this is only for 3GS, I4 and Ipod 4th gen.
Hope I can help someone with this
---------------------------

You sure did !! Thank you Sandbird . I had all but restored my iphone 4 when I somehow bricked it in my quest to get some uber-cool tweaks on it :) . The phone went into the apple-logo-loop limbo . I could - thanks to your post- restore to 6.1.0 again , on which my phone was originally and even jailbreak it with Evasion .

Sandbird

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2013
You sure did !! Thank you Sandbird . I had all but restored my iphone 4 when I somehow bricked it in my quest to get some uber-cool tweaks on it :) . The phone went into the apple-logo-loop limbo . I could - thanks to your post- restore to 6.1.0 again , on which my phone was originally and even jailbreak it with Evasion .

Glad i could help. I was thinking about doing the same thing these days...although i am not sure about my blobs.

Oh, and about that loop thing you had...there was a fix about it...mark it down for next time.
Download a tool called iSpirit and set your device in Safe Mode. (google it how..i think its the up volume button and Start button).
Then run iSpirit and you can select from "App Manage" the Cydia package that you just installed and messed up your device, and from there uninstall it.
Then reboot your device and the iphone is back to normal :)
Saved me twice from a format :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.