Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:00 AM   #1
jackwakeham0
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Pages wont open (seemingly) after 10.8.3 update

Hi all, hoping i could get some help with my issue as soon as possible as im trying to get an important project finished.

I went to open Pages this morning and it wouldn't open, it came up with an error that i (hope to) have attached to this thread. I dont know if this is a result of the 10.8.3 update or just a coincidence, but pages was definitely working last night. The problem also occurs with Keynote and numbers.

I have tried deleting it using appzapper and reinstalling it. and have also tried manually reinstalling the 10.8.3 update with no luck.

Thanks for any of your time and help.
Jack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 12.51.40.png
Views:	36
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	407845  

Last edited by jackwakeham0; Apr 15, 2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Extra information.
jackwakeham0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:15 AM   #2
justperry
macrumors 603
 
justperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwakeham0 View Post
Hi all, hoping i could get some help with my issue as soon as possible as im trying to get an important project finished.

I went to open Pages this morning and it wouldn't open, it came up with an error that i (hope to) have attached to this thread. I dont know if this is a result of the 10.8.3 update or just a coincidence, but pages was definitely working last night. The problem also occurs with Keynote and numbers.

I have tried deleting it using appzapper and reinstalling it. and have also tried manually reinstalling the 10.8.3 update with no luck.

Thanks for any of your time and help.
Jack
Download the Combo 10.8.3 manually from Apple's site in the download section and reapply it, this may solve the problem.

You can see the problem if you read the last 3 sentences in the screenshot you provided here: dyld Error message-image not found, this means the shared library can't be found so the App crashes.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:18 AM   #3
jackwakeham0
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by justperry View Post
Download the Combo 10.8.3 manually from Apple's site in the download section and reapply it, this may solve the problem.

You can see the problem if you read the last 3 sentences in the screenshot you provided here: dyld Error message-image not found, this means the shared library can't be found so the App crashes.
Hey, i have tried downloading and manually installing the combo update but that doesn't seem to have solved the problem.
jackwakeham0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:48 AM   #4
justperry
macrumors 603
 
justperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwakeham0 View Post
Hey, i have tried downloading and manually installing the combo update but that doesn't seem to have solved the problem.
Check if the frameworks are there like in the below screenshot.

Edit: Update Pages (Actually All iWork Apps), yours is not the latest, I have 4.0.1, yours is 4.0(In the screenshot you provided)
Download directly from Apple.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 19.46.05.png
Views:	33
Size:	589.9 KB
ID:	407852  

Last edited by justperry; Apr 15, 2013 at 07:54 AM.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 07:52 AM   #5
jackwakeham0
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by justperry View Post
Check if the frameworks are there like in the below screenshot.
I seem to have no application support folder for iWork.
jackwakeham0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 08:11 AM   #6
justperry
macrumors 603
 
justperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwakeham0 View Post
I seem to have no application support folder for iWork.
That's the problem then, reinstall or download the latest iWork Updates, I don't think you'll get updated through Software Update, it did not on mine.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 08:13 AM   #7
chrfr
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwakeham0 View Post
I seem to have no application support folder for iWork.
As above, this error is probably because your copy of iWork is several versions out of date. If updating doesn't work, then you may need to do a full reinstall of iWork and then update. This is the update you want: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1563
chrfr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 08:18 AM   #8
justperry
macrumors 603
 
justperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrfr View Post
As above, this error is probably because your copy of iWork is several versions out of date. If updating doesn't work, then you may need to do a full reinstall of iWork and then update. This is the update you want: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1563
Exactly, the 10.8.3 update broke iWork and therefore he needs to update or reinstall and update.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 08:53 AM   #9
jackwakeham0
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Thanks for your replies guys, it has managed to help me open pages and bring me to my icloud documents page.

But now, whenever i try to open a document from icloud it comes up with the following error message;

(also when i try to open a document that is stored on my hardrive i double click on it, the pages icon bounces but nothing opens.

sorry to keep troubling you guys.

I have also noticed i still don't have an application support folder after the update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 14.50.19.png
Views:	5
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	407859  

Last edited by jackwakeham0; Apr 15, 2013 at 09:10 AM.
jackwakeham0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:47 AM   #10
chrfr
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwakeham0 View Post
I have also noticed i still don't have an application support folder after the update.
Delete all of iWork and reinstall, as we've said in the other posts.
chrfr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:10 AM   #11
jackwakeham0
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Thanks for all the help so far, i have uninstalled and re-installed iWork. now, some of my documents will open fine, but others are still coming up with the following error message;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 14.50.19.png
Views:	9
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	407869  
jackwakeham0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 10:17 AM   #12
jackwakeham0
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Also, when i try and open one particular document it just have opens and then stays like it, if i then click on the pages icon, it just opens up the window with all my documents. I have attached an image to show this.

Also, i STILL dont have a iwork folder in application support.

Just trying to give all the information i can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-15 at 16.15.25.png
Views:	10
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	407870  

Last edited by jackwakeham0; Apr 15, 2013 at 10:35 AM.
jackwakeham0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 03:32 AM   #13
jackwakeham0
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Does anyone have any ideas that could help me, the documents seem to open on my pages on my iPad.
jackwakeham0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iTunes 11.1 Beta 2 wont open after update tooshaggy Mac Applications and Mac App Store 3 Sep 17, 2013 06:39 PM
2010 Pages document won't open in current Pages ScottL Mac Applications and Mac App Store 2 Aug 10, 2013 10:31 AM
App store wont open after update...need help terrymaz OS X 7 Apr 27, 2013 01:10 PM
Safari wont open any web pages IsabellaEva Mac Applications and Mac App Store 0 Oct 24, 2012 04:02 PM
Macbook Pro wont load google associated pages but Air will ? keith4594 MacBook Pro 4 Oct 24, 2012 03:29 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC