Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:01 PM   #1
eric/
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio, United States
Email question

So one of my student organizations uses Google groups. But we've reached the 50 account limit. Does anybody know of similar services (preferably with a custom @XXXX.com) that doesn't charge $5/month/account?

I was thinking of applying as a non-profit, because we are, but if there was something easier, I'd like to do that instead.

Thanks for the help.

(and I think this is the right forum?)
eric/ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2013, 09:12 PM   #2
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000
 
MisterKeeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
If you have the domain, you could host it yourself on that.
MisterKeeks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 06:23 AM   #3
eric/
Thread Starter
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterKeeks View Post
If you have the domain, you could host it yourself on that.
I'm not very familiar with the topic. What do you mean? And what would the cost be? We have our own Google Sites, site. Basically we have just reached the 50 member email limit. The fees to go beyond that are insane. $5/month/person?

Yahoo has groups which allow 150, but still at some point that too will be reached, and we would lose our @xxx.com emails.

Last edited by eric/; Apr 16, 2013 at 06:49 AM.
eric/ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 07:38 AM   #4
heehee
macrumors 68020
 
heehee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Same country as Santa Claus
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric/ View Post
I'm not very familiar with the topic. What do you mean? And what would the cost be? We have our own Google Sites, site. Basically we have just reached the 50 member email limit. The fees to go beyond that are insane. $5/month/person?

Yahoo has groups which allow 150, but still at some point that too will be reached, and we would lose our @xxx.com emails.
Where is the domain parked at and where is the hosting? For example, if I have abcdefg.com purchased at GoDaddy and the website is hosting there, depending on the hosting package, I get so many email accounts. The cost is minimal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-16 at 8.35.01 AM (2).png
Views:	28
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	408066  
heehee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2013, 08:06 AM   #5
eric/
Thread Starter
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by heehee View Post
Where is the domain parked at and where is the hosting? For example, if I have abcdefg.com purchased at GoDaddy and the website is hosting there, depending on the hosting package, I get so many email accounts. The cost is minimal.
Ah I see. Ok that might be what we're looking for.
eric/ is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC