Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eli727

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
Atlanta
Been having this issue alot lately it seems like... InDesign and even Adobe Reader keeps freezing and saying "Not Responding" and I have to do a force quit.

Running CS5 Premium, Macbook Air 2011, i5, running 10.8.3.

Any thoughts?

DUCKofD3ATH

Suspended
Jun 6, 2005
Universe 0 Timeline
Adobe Community > Creative Suites > Creative Suites Macintosh > Discussions

Application not Responding - CS5, OS10.6.8

Dec 1, 2011 10:26 AM
If I have a CS5 application running w/ a document open, and switch to another running application, when I try to go back to the CS5 app (click on the document window or select the icon in the dock), I often get the spinning beach ball and the "Application not Responding" message (if I control/click on the dock icon). I need to Force Quit the app & restart. Happens frequently in InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop. I'm on a MacPro w/ 6GB ram. Anyone else experiencing this / have a solution? - thanks

One suggested fix was to turn off Font Suitcase plugins, if that helps.

R1PPER

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
Since i started running from a SSD and added 16 gig of Ram i dont have any of these problems :)

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
Been having this issue alot lately it seems like... InDesign and even Adobe Reader keeps freezing and saying "Not Responding" and I have to do a force quit.

Running CS5 Premium, Macbook Air 2011, i5, running 10.8.3.

Any thoughts?
Standard stuff: Repair permissions, uninstall/reinstall... contact Adobe since you're a registered user of CS5 Premium.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.