Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skygremlin

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
I’m starting project designing training videos and / ELearning projects. I'll be making these for both software and hardware.

I’m piecing together pieces of software to accomplish this, but I’m running into some new territory. Below is what I think I’ll be going with. Also a link that show’s one aspect I’d like to accomplish…

For the ELearning I’ve looked at Lectora, Storyline, and Captivate… I’ve done a bit more (bit more) in Lectora, but they don’t make a version for OS X and I want to keep things on one machine (without VMWare if possible) So I’m leaning towards Captivate for the overall ELearning objective.

With regards to videos, which will most likely be used within my ELearning projects and independently, I’m looking at something similar to the OWC link below. My past experience with video editing was FCE. I used that for a few years. Not an expert, but I would say maybe a novice… I was playing around with IMovie and thought it might work… BUT I don’t know how to add in the effects… The animation, and so on… Combining and creating separate video clips is pretty much a no brainer… But animation and putting them together…….mmm that’s new….:)

Does anybody have recommendations on software to be able to pull both animation and video clips together into one file? I can then take that and add it to my Captivate. Or can I do all of this in Captivate (and I didn't see that:eek:)

thanx

video example:
http://eshop.macsales.com/installvideos/macbook_air_2012_ssd_l/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.