Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jk73

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
I'm running a 15-inch rMBP with the latest version of the OS, etc. I've been having two nagging problems:

(1) I subscribe to MLB.tv and installed the recommended Nexdef plug-in, along with a "Java runtime" that apparently was required. The Nexdef plug-in seems to work, but occasionally a dialogue box flashes on-screen for no more than 1 second asking me if I want to allow or deny Nexdef access to incoming network connections (or something like that; it's not on-screen long enough for me to read it or click either option). Anyone know what's up with this?

(2) Safari never seems to remember my preferred window size, especially if I quit Safari with a few different windows open. It gets to the point that Safari's windows are no more than an inch high when launched. I assume this might be related to the much higher resolution of the rMBP, but it's annoying to always have to re-size the windows when Safari is launched. Anyone know a fix?

Thanks in advance for all feedback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.