Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Hi all, should I buy the iPad mini now or should I wait? I'm able to wait for 6 months.

The buyers guide says to buy now, thoughts?

Thanks.

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
Hi all, should I buy the iPad mini now or should I wait? I'm able to wait for 6 months.

The buyers guide says to buy now, thoughts?

Thanks.

I just sold my iPad 3rd gen and my advise to you is to wait with all the rumours hovering around that the next gen Mini, will feature a better display (retina), better wi fi capabilities and a much better processor than the A5 chip its worthwhile to hang on. However as the mini was just released, i believe that we will not see a change in the design or form until the 3rd gen. I guess it comes down if you really want a retina display.

Last edited:

Richal

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2013
Just get a deep understanding of the iPad Mini and find what it really disappoint you.If there are no big disappointments,why wait for another one?

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
Im sure there will be an update for Ipad mini in 6 months and if you said you can wait for 6 months, it means u not in serious "want" to have it.

Then wait and see what next gen has to offer.

MandyAW92

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2013
Definitely wait as the new iPad Mini is around the corner and it will come with superior, getting one now would only leave you disappointed

Liquinn

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Definitely wait as the new iPad Mini is around the corner and it will come with superior, getting one now would only leave you disappointed
True, if there's not much difference with the iPad mini 2 I could perhaps get a first gen at a cheaper price.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
It seems like iPhone and iPad releases always follow months of parts leaks and the early release of third party cases.

I see no leaked cases, and no leaked components. There does not appear to be any evidence that the new iPad Mini is right around the corner. You might be waiting a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.