Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liquidtrance

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
So I must be getting too old or something as I'm having trouble linking my FB contacts with my IOS contacts.

I have already signed into FB through IOS and clicked the 'update all contacts'. I have NOT allowed FB to download all my FB contacts to IOS (never gonna happen).

My problem is it updates 90% of my contacts just fine, however there are a few that FB just links to some random person's page (nothing to do with that contact).

No problem, I can deal with those on a case per case basis (I thought). However I am having problems manually linking an IOS contact to a FB profile. If I 'EDIT' the IOS contact and go to 'PROFILE' it allows me to input a Facebook profile name. When I do this with the 'Profile Name' from the 'About' section on the FB page in question, it fails to pull any information such as profile picture.

Am I even going about this the right way or am I completely missing something simple? :confused: I am really hoping I don't have to import all my FB contacts and manually start linking them to IOS contacts, then go back and delete all the FB contacts I don't want on my phone.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
Not quite clear on the problem. But you can manually add Facebook profiles on each contact by tapping edit and adding their profile name under the profile section.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 96

Liquidtrance

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
That is where I thought I could just enter their profile name and it would automatically start bringing over their profile pictures and such but it doesn't seem to. At best it opens my Facebook App but does not load their profile page, it just stays on my News Feed.

Liquidtrance

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I ended up just giving up, it doesn't seem to recognize the Profile even when entered manually and the SmartSync app in the link above doesn't seem to be an App on the App store anymore, even the link to the App store from the website fails.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.