Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waa1futs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
When jailbroken I have the following tweaks installed:
Activator
Adblocker
f.lux
KillBackground
NCSettings
Spotlock
Springtomize
Zephyr

With these installed my phone is pretty much perfect... yet every 3 weeks or so I either get bored or get the urge to go back to a pure stock iPhone experience and uninstall these tweaks (even though I keep my jailbreak).

Does anyone else do this on a regular basis? Or am I just crazy? :confused:

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
The only time I'm stock is when I dont have a choice.... If my phone/software can be jailbroken I have all my tweaks running full steam :D

MBHockey

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2003
Connecticut
When jailbroken I have the following tweaks installed:
Activator
Adblocker
f.lux
KillBackground
NCSettings
Spotlock
Springtomize
Zephyr

With these installed my phone is pretty much perfect... yet every 3 weeks or so I either get bored or get the urge to go back to a pure stock iPhone experience and uninstall these tweaks (even though I keep my jailbreak).

Does anyone else do this on a regular basis? Or am I just crazy? :confused:

you are bored. read a book.

Troneas

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
At the alternatives section.
whats the difference between uninstalling all them tweaks and themes and a "pure stock" experience? you'll just have the cydia icon to look at but other than that there isnt much difference.

and ya OP, you should get out more.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I ceased jail breaking my iPhones once Androids became more fun to root & modify. That's nothing against Apple just my preference.

Besides I mainly use my iPhone as a secondary smartphone till they give us a larger display.

I've always used Android & IOS enjoying them both. But since Jelly Bean is go good now, I'm having more fun with it. There's so much it can do, it's a great diversion as I wait for Apple to catch up.

I'm crossing my fingers that I"ll only have one more year to wait for the iPhone 6 with the rumored "all new" design.

fizz7283

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2010
Heck no, I couldn't imagine my phone without activator and springtomize.

I was going to mention f.lux as well, but felt like I've plugged enough for it lately, but I went back and read your original post again and realized you do already have f.lux installed. So I will add this.

I couldn't imagine my phone without activator and springtomize, and I don't even want to begin to imagine it without f.lux!

clockworkorange

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
I normally go from jailbroken to stock because my workplace doesn't allow personal devices on the network, so I have to use the stock company iPhone.

All the animations take FOREVER (hooks law spoiled me) and messaging is so horrible it makes me want to cry at times.
Don't see how anyone can handle stock iOS after jailbreaking

ValerieDurden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
If I can be jailbroken I am, otherwise it kills me a little bit inside to use stock iOS and I don't use much fromm Cydia mainly:

NCSettings
biteSMS
WiFi Booster
Nitrous
iCleaner
NoNewsIsGoodNews

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Until I actually started paying for jailbreak tweaks I would switch back and forth. I'd be jailbroken for a month or so, then a new iOS would come out and I'd update.

Now that I've actually spent a little money and was able to setup my phone in the way I want it, I'm not going back!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.