Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's stock price hit new lows today, setting 52-week records and hitting the lowest points seen since late 2011. The price has traded beneath the $400 level several times this afternoon, with AAPL having not traded that low since December 23, 2011.

Today's slide follows a lower-than-expected revenue forecast for Cirrus Logic, a major supplier for chips used in the iPhone and iPad. Traders believe the lower forecast indicates weak Apple sales over the next several quarters.

592.jpg
Apple's stock price traded over the $400 mark for the first time in July 2011.

Apple will announce its second quarter earnings on April 23rd. The earnings release typically occurs just after 4:30 PM Eastern Time following the close of regular stock trading, and the conference call is scheduled to follow at 5:00 PM Eastern / 2:00 PM Pacific.

Article Link: Apple Stock Price Hits Lowest Levels Since 2011, Falls Below $400

Resseh

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2012
its not all bad - it makes macrumors forums a nicer place as there used to be so many AAPL gloaters when the stock was at $700 but now very few people admit to owning the shares...

edit apart from guy above me:p

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Prepare yourself for the stock to go down even further if apple announces good profits.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
Do we know what % of iphones use parts from that supplier? Couldn't they have switched suppliers?

Very sad to see another mass sell based on half information from another company. Didn't this happen right before last quarter results call?

Edit: So they stopped buying an OLD PART? I'm guessing Apple switched suppliers or something and Cirrus is bitter. They're trying to drag Apple down out of spite. Cirrus has nothing to lose.

Last edited:

NIKKG

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2012
The biggest enemy of Apple is not Google but itself. Most of its profits come from iPhone but they refuse to give people different sizing options and so people like me have pre-ordered the Galaxy S4 because it has a 5" screen compared to my puny iPhones 5's 4" screen.

Why can't Apple just do a 4",4.5", and 5" screens? Give people options, small screen phones are so 2007. Also, redesign iOS, its so boring now.

ryuok

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
Hong Kong
I said from day one that Tim Cook is no replacement for Steve Jobs. Apart from kissing China's backside, I haven't seen him doing anything.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Wouldn't want to be in Cook or Oppenheimer's shoes right now. IF its a bad quarter my guess is we'll hear calls for both of them to get the ax.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
I said from day one that Tim Cook is no replacement for Steve Jobs. Apart from kissing China's backside, I haven't seen him doing anything.

And who exactly is a good replacement? If Cook isn't then no one is.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011

Who should have replaced Steve? Someone from outside Apple?

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Shows how susceptible the markets are to perception and reputation.
Samsung, HTC and Sony have climbing stocks, following good product launches, and healthy balance sheets.
Apple might have the biggest bank balance of them all, but investors needs to see growth, product and strength. Not just quarterly sales.

Perhaps it's time for apple to start communicating more.. Rather than these long periods of silence between keynotes. Their idea that keeping quiet and secretive will avoid rivals stealing their ideas has been proven somewhat pointless by the failing lawsuits and patent battles.

So maybe it's finally time for a "ideas that apple is working on" keynote?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.