Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomacorno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
Celebrate by reading the iPad Death Watch.

http://aaplinvestors.net/stats/ipad/ipaddeathwatch/

But scroll down and start with the oldest entry by Mr. Steve Ballmer: “Let’s face it, the Internet was designed for the PC. The Internet is not designed for the iPhone. That’s why they’ve got 75,000 applications — they’re all trying to make the Internet look decent on the iPhone.” Steve Ballmer, Microsoft, 21 October 2009

:rolleyes:

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Cue picture of Uncle Scrooge swimming in money bin.

I think people like to make up "could this be?" stories when they get bored, especially in the rumors side of things. The "Internet isn't made for the iPhone" is about the stupidest thing that could come from someone in the biz. Does anyone remember the Internet being "made" for video back in the dial-up days of the 1990s? Does anyone use it for video now?

Yeah. Funny thing is "the Internet" isn't some manufactured product. It's a bazillion different sites, pages and applications designed for various uses.

Also, did I see the date right on the BlackBerry quote? Wasn't RIM supposed to destroy the iPad a couple of years ago with the PlayBook? Has anyone seen one of those? Does it come with a free Zune?

Tomacorno

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2009
I work in a Windows-centric company and a lot of the developers seem to develop an aversion to iOS products. So I did indeed listen to why the Zune was better than the iPod I started with and why Android was better than my iPhone. The latest one to surprise me a little was a couple months ago. I was entering notes in my iPad and a guy pulled out his Surface and started telling me how cool it was (fine, I will listen) but then why it was better than the iPad. I was not convinced. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.