Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:57 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

New MacHeist nanoBundle Features 8 Mac Apps for $9.99

MacHeist has launched nanoBundle 3, offering eight apps with a total retail value of $260 for $9.99. The first six are available immediately, with the final two (Little Inferno and Path Finder) being unlocked after a set number of bundles have been sold.

This nanoBundle includes the following apps:

-xScope ($30)
-iStopMotion ($50)
-Totals ($40)
-Clarify ($30)
-Fantastical ($20)
-CleanMyMac 2 ($40)
-Little Inferno ($10)
-Path Finder ($40)

The MacHeist bundle can be purchased for the next six days from the website. 10% of each purchase can be donated to a partnering charity of the customer's choice.

Article Link: New MacHeist nanoBundle Features 8 Mac Apps for $9.99
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Klae17
macrumors 6502a

Can someone let us know what each app does? I've never heard of any of them.
Klae17 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:04 PM   #3
RoastingPig
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to RoastingPig
i haven't heard of any of these
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:16 PM   #4
charlieegan3
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klae17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastingPig View Post
I have.

There are links for you to read about each app in the article.

----------

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastingPig View Post
xScope is a practical set of measuring tools for designers and developers. Theyíre great for aligning and inspecting on-screen graphics and layouts.

iStopMotion - almost everyone has a favorite stop motion film, from classics like Gumby to more recent productions like Coraline. If youíve ever dreamed of directing your own stop motion feature, iStopMotion gives you all the tools you need to create a masterpiece.

What better way to spend a rainy day than creating a story, and memories, with your child and their favorite toys.

Totals - If youíve struggled to create professional looking documents in Pages or Word, youíll appreciate the ease with which you can generate slick, customized invoices with Totals.

Never forget who owes you money again. With Totals, all your outstanding invoices and estimates are tracked automatically.

Clarify Clarify makes it easy to create gorgeous tutorials and how-toís. When you need to add a bit of explanation to your screenshots, Clarify is the all in one tool to simplify the process.

Use Clarify whether you need to take a new screenshot or add an existing image, annotate with an arrow or use more advanced options like step numbers, highlights or text. If you have multiple screenshots to illustrate a process, itís easy to organize each one into itís own step of the process and then export slick PDF documents that are easy to read by the less technologically gifted.

Fantasical Admit it, you hate iCalÖ But you donít have to suffer any longer! Presenting Fantastical, a neat little app that streamlines your schedule.

With Fantastical, simply type in the details as a sentence and it automatically detects and schedules your event. It also acts as a hub for your reminders, eliminating the need to juggle multiple programs with different lists.

CleanMyMac 2 Has your Mac been feeling a bit slow lately? CleanMyMac 2 automatically gets rid of bloated, useless files and speeds up your system.

CleanMyMac 2 also has a host of other tools to help you keep your Mac in shape! Quickly uninstall apps you donít use anymore, disable or uninstall extensions, widgets, or preference panes, and securely erase anything you donít want anyone else to find.

Little InfernoExcite your inner pyromaniac! Throw your toys into the fire, and play with them as they burn.

Burn flaming logs, screaming robots, credit cards, batteries, exploding fish, unstable nuclear devices, and tiny galaxies. An adventure that takes place almost entirely in front of a fireplace - about looking up up up out of the chimney, and the cold world just on the other side of the wall.

Path FinderIf youíve ever wished that the Finder supported tabs like a web browser, Path Finder is the tool for you. It also boasts some other features previously confined to web browsing, like bookmarking for your favorite files and folders.

And if you want even more control over your files, you can take advantage of advanced features like batch renaming, file tagging, and advanced searching based on criteria. Customize your experience with the modular interface and spend less time looking for the files you need.

Wonders of the clipboard!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:16 PM   #5
Mad Mac Maniac
macrumors 68040

This is a good price just for fantastical.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:18 PM   #6
parish
macrumors 65816

Purchased!!

At less than 10 of your American dollars it's worth it just for CleanMyMac2 alone
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:27 PM   #7
jlc1978
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by parish View Post
Purchased!!

At less than 10 of your American dollars it's worth it just for CleanMyMac2 alone
I'm not sure CMM2 is worth it; I've never found it necessary. I'm sure GGJstudios will weigh in...

That said, Boinx' iStopMotion is pretty neat as is Fantastical. Unfortunately I already have both of them.
jlc1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:27 PM   #8
jdechko
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mac Maniac View Post
This is a good price just for fantastical.
Yep. I bought Fantastical alone for $10 when it was on sale. Not interested in the rest of the bundle, though.
jdechko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:28 PM   #9
Glenny2lappies
macrumors 6502

What a horrible website! 5.5Mb of ugly graphics and usability fail. Yuck.

Just closed the tab and didn't look any further.
Glenny2lappies is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:47 PM   #10
JayCee842
macrumors 6502a

Is it really worth it? Any opinions?
JayCee842 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:48 PM   #11
p3ncil
macrumors regular

Do we redeem the licenses from MAS?
Or do we have to download the apps individually from the App Developers themselves?
p3ncil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:51 PM   #12
HoosPhotog
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc1978 View Post
I'm not sure CMM2 is worth it; I've never found it necessary. I'm sure GGJstudios will weigh in...

That said, Boinx' iStopMotion is pretty neat as is Fantastical. Unfortunately I already have both of them.
Can you check and see if iStopMotion will let you import a series of images to use as the basis for your movie? I'm hoping I can use it to compose time lapses without having to shoot tethered to my laptop.

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 01:57 PM   #13
Comeagain?
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosPhotog View Post
Can you check and see if iStopMotion will let you import a series of images to use as the basis for your movie? I'm hoping I can use it to compose time lapses without having to shoot tethered to my laptop.

Thanks!
Yes.
Comeagain? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Not worth it.
50548 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:08 PM   #15
HoosPhotog
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeagain? View Post
Yes.
Awesome thanks! Definitely buying this then- worth it just for Fantastical at that price, double worth it now!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:17 PM   #16
baller1308
macrumors 6502a

I've used both Fantastical and CleanMyMac at one point and both were great. Not sure about the other apps. Seems like a decent package though with just those 2 apps.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:20 PM   #17
osx11
macrumors 6502a

Stupid marketing. Now people have an incentive to hold off with their purchase and wait for the extra apps to be unlocked.

This makes no sense.
osx11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:21 PM   #18
macbwizard
macrumors 6502

I remember 4-5 years ago when these bundles actually had useful apps.
macbwizard is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:24 PM   #19
jamesr19
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by osx11 View Post
Stupid marketing. Now people have an incentive to hold off with their purchase and wait for the extra apps to be unlocked.

This makes no sense.
If you buy it now, you get the apps when they're unlocked too...

GTX World: http://www.gtxworld.com
jamesr19 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:35 PM   #20
Release
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller1308 View Post
I've used both Fantastical and CleanMyMac at one point and both were great. Not sure about the other apps. Seems like a decent package though with just those 2 apps.
Same here. I almost bought CleanMyMac 2 yesterday but held off until it went on sale somewhere so this is great news for me and an instant buy.
Release is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:37 PM   #21
Supacon
macrumors member

This looks like a great deal. Some good apps in here. I happen to need a simple, elegant program for creating invoices, so Totals is interesting. I've long been interested in CleanMyMac, but not enough to pay for it. And FantastiCal has a lot of fans, and am excited to try it.
By far, the thing that excites me the most is PathFinder. It looks like a capable replacement for the Directory Opus that I so love under Windows.
I really hope that it gets unlocked, but I'm not sure why they don't show how many purchases are required for it to be unlocked.
Supacon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:43 PM   #22
JayMBP
macrumors regular

Only app I really want is Pathfinder.

I guess I'll wait when it hits.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 02:52 PM   #23
CylonGlitch
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by osx11 View Post

This makes no sense.
I've never seen them NOT reach the quota needed to unlock. I've purchased many of the apps from MacHeist, and never once have they not unlocked. Thus I just purchased this; StopMotion will be great, my son loves video editing. I've been wanting Fantastical, so that's great. And Clarify is perfect for what I do at work, often.
Last edited by CylonGlitch : Tomorrow at 37:05 AM.
MRoogle
CylonGlitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 03:01 PM   #24
Doctor Q
Administrator

Four of the apps are in the App Store, where you can read descriptions and reviews:Just don't buy them there while you can get the bundle!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 03:02 PM   #25
Mike Oxard
macrumors 6502a

I think it's worth it just for iStopMotion which is great fun on the iPad. I was only just talking with my 10yo son about making a stop motion of his new LEGO figures, so this is timed perfectly
Mike Oxard is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion