Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hammerton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I'm having and issue with Adobe Reader. Whenever I load up a PDF into adobe reader, the scrolling tends to be very choppy and slow but when I open the same PDF in Preview, everything runs smoothly and nice.

I've tried to Google search a solution but unfortunately I have yet to find anything useful. Can anyone provide a fix or some input?

Thanks for your time.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I'm having and issue with Adobe Reader. Whenever I load up a PDF into adobe reader, the scrolling tends to be very choppy and slow but when I open the same PDF in Preview, everything runs smoothly and nice.

I've tried to Google search a solution but unfortunately I have yet to find anything useful. Can anyone provide a fix or some input?

Thanks for your time.

Adobe isn't as optimised for os x as preview is unfortunately. Lazy programmers. It probably has something to do with Open CL not being supported by Adobe Reader

swiftflo

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2010
I am also getting the same problem. So how do I open a PDF doc sent as an email in preview.

Thanks

printz

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2012
I am also getting the same problem. So how do I open a PDF doc sent as an email in preview.

Thanks

Right click attachment -> Open With… -> Preview

Setting Preview or another app as the default for PDFs:
- select a PDF in Finder
- press Command-I to Get Info…
- go to the "Open With…" subpanel of the Get Info window
- select the application to open with
- click the "Apply for All…" button that's right below the application selector you just used.

Silvereel

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Adobe isn't as optimised for os x as preview is unfortunately. Lazy programmers. It probably has something to do with Open CL not being supported by Adobe Reader

Rest assured, Adobe isn't optimized for anything.

swiftflo

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2010
Right click attachment -> Open With… -> Preview

Setting Preview or another app as the default for PDFs:
- select a PDF in Finder
- press Command-I to Get Info…
- go to the "Open With…" subpanel of the Get Info window
- select the application to open with
- click the "Apply for All…" button that's right below the application selector you just used.

Open with, does not showing on my mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.