Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:23 PM   #1
kweevuss
macrumors member

OSX Server backup?

I have just been finding out that Time Machine isn't the greatest for the server OS. Espically since I have the 2 drives and it only lets me restore to one disk. I also been reading that it doesn't restore the server config settings. Is there anything else out there that anyone uses that allows for:

A restore of 2 disks (both of the ones that are inside the mac mini server)
A restore of the server config files

I realize I could clone the drives, which even then if someone can recommend a program I would be grateful

But I also need something to use on a daily basis.

Thanks!
kweevuss is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 08:11 AM   #2
dimme
macrumors 65816

I am using superduper to backup my mini server.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:49 AM   #3
MikeatOSX
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimme View Post
I am using superduper to backup my mini server.
agree!
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:35 PM   #4
mwhities
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to mwhities Send a message via MSN to mwhities
I use CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) to backup my systems. Every Friday, I do a full (incremental) backup of the drives. I test them at least once a month. (These are all home systems, not work production.)
Old Apr 20, 2013, 02:01 AM   #5
kweevuss
macrumors member

Thanks for the replies! I'm going to try both out shortly
Old Apr 22, 2013, 09:52 PM   #6
kweevuss
macrumors member

I have a problem that I might be able to get around but I don't see it. It seems like both programs only backup one internal drive at a time. Is there something I can do it make it backup both of my internal drives at the same time?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:56 AM   #7
talmy
macrumors 601

I use SuperDuper! I just schedule backups for each of the drives. Sure it only does one at a time, but it will do both serially.

In my case my server has two 500GB drives and my external backup drive is 1TB with two partitions. It does an incremental every night and I swap external drives with an offsite drive every week.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking