Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:09 PM   #1
negativzero
macrumors 6502

How do you fix the Airplay icon location on the menubar???

I have the Airplay button on my menubar which I would like to locate to the right corner of my menubar. However when I sometimes reboot my Mac or have it wake from sleep, it reverts to a location on the left of my icons and I have to relocate the icon again.

Anyway to anchor the AirPlay icon permanently???
negativzero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:11 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativzero View Post
I have the Airplay button on my menubar which I would like to locate to the right corner of my menubar. However when I sometimes reboot my Mac or have it wake from sleep, it reverts to a location on the left of my icons and I have to relocate the icon again.

The position of the icons somewhat relates to the order in which they're launched. AFAIK, there is no way to specify a default location for a particular icon.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:16 PM   #3
negativzero
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
The position of the icons somewhat relates to the order in which they're launched. AFAIK, there is no way to specify a default location for a particular icon.
Not true. The locations of icons like your WiFi, battery, etc... can be anchored in a specified location.
negativzero is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2013, 10:19 PM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Not true. The locations of icons like your WiFi, battery, etc... can be anchored in a specified location.
I said it somewhat depends on the launch order. Some icons, like those for Spotlight, fast user switching, clock, etc. end up in the same location. Others, if you remove them from the Menu Bar and add them back, they appear on the left side of the string of icons. As I said, there is no way I've ever heard of to anchor any/all icons in specific locations.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 08:34 AM   #5
Drew017
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Skype™ to Drew017
Try holding the command key and clicking and dragging the icons in the order you want.
Drew017 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 10:58 AM   #6
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew017 View Post
Try holding the command key and clicking and dragging the icons in the order you want.
I believe the OP knows how to do that, as indicated in their first post. What they're looking for is a way to anchor the icon so they don't have to drag it to the preferred location each time. I don't know of any method to achieve that.
Quote:

Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:18 PM   #7
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:

Bartender will do what you want.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:21 PM   #8
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
Bartender will do what you want.
I used Bartender for a while. I don't recall an option to set a particular location for any icon. You can hide icons in the Bartender dropdown menu, but the icons that remain on the Menu Bar cannot be anchored to specific locations.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 01:03 PM   #9
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
I used Bartender for a while. I don't recall an option to set a particular location for any icon. You can hide icons in the Bartender dropdown menu, but the icons that remain on the Menu Bar cannot be anchored to specific locations.
They can.

From the Bartender web site that I linked...

Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 01:06 PM   #10
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
They can.

From the Bartender web site that I linked...

Cool! I don't recall that capability in the version I used. Perhaps they added it in an update after I stopped using it.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion