Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Apr 18, 2013, 12:57 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Skitch for Mac and iOS Updated with PDF Annotations and Stamps

Evernote today updated Skitch for OS X and iOS to version 2.5, adding a PDF annotation feature that is aimed at Evernote Premium users.

With PDF annotation, files can be modified with shapes, arrows, and text. Important passages can be highlighted and instructions can be added, which makes Skitch an even better collaboration tool. PDFs are sent with a summary of all annotations.

The new version supports Stamps, which are designed to offer fast feedback. For example, Stamps can be placed to indicate whether something is liked, disliked, or unclear in a document. Skitch has also added a plain text notation mode and a Tool Tip to explain the new features.

While all Evernote users will receive 30 days of access to PDF annotations, continuing to use the service will require a premium membership. Skitch is free to use, but a premium membership costs $5.00 per month or $45.00 per year.

Skitch for Mac [Direct Link]

Skitch*for iOS [Direct Link]

Article Link: Skitch for Mac and iOS Updated with PDF Annotations and Stamps
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 01:01 PM   #2
CBJammin103
macrumors regular

Seems neat but recurring payments for something like this are odd...
CBJammin103 is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:52 PM   #3
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

...and still does not remember the arrow size setting between app launches.

This would seem like an easy thing to fix.

Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:00 PM   #4
RoastingPig
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to RoastingPig
wait what is this software for?
RoastingPig is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:08 PM   #5
verniesgarden
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to verniesgarden
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJammin103 View Post
Seems neat but recurring payments for something like this are odd...
I'm with you, as nice of a feature it is and I can see using it, still doesn't mean it's worth a subscription fee.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 09:24 AM   #6
razbiz
macrumors newbie

Glui

Evernote really succeeded in ruining Skitch, and it makes me sad they just continue down that road...

If you haven't tried it already swap over to Glui: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/glui/id601359958?mt=12

So neat. So good.
razbiz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:12 AM   #7
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastingPig View Post
wait what is this software for?
Primarily for screen capture annotation.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:14 AM   #8
dyn
macrumors 65816

Or use Preview which is free, comes with OS X and does about the same thing as Glui and Skitch do. The only thing it doesn't do is upload the image. For that there are other tools which are free as well. The biggest power of Skitch was that it combined these into 1 little useful tool. That was destroyed the moment Evernote bought Skitch.
dyn is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:04 PM   #9
talmy
macrumors 68040

I still use Skitch version 1, which works fine and doesn't have all the "bad" of version 2. I can capture, annotate, and save on my machine as a PDF. What more do I need?
Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:16 PM   #10
Sayer
macrumors 6502a

This app has been moved into an online, professional visual colaboration tool (soft proofs, sending images of design work to clients, etc). The "premium" service offers larger file size uploads, more "business" oriented options like faster processing for OCR and passcodes to keep people out of sensitive stuff.

If you don't think you need this, then don't use it. Not every product ever made or featured on MacRumors has to be useful to every single possible Mac/iPad user worldwide past and present.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion