Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:41 PM   #1
lindkvist
macrumors newbie

Back up between Iphone and Ipad

Hey Guys
I'm about to buy my first Ipad, since they are quite expensive in Denmark I havn't bought one here yet, and since I'm going to the US later this year, I'm thinking about buying one there.

And enter the problem, since I'm danish and I need the Ipad for my studies I will need the Danish keyboard. So I was wondering if there are a way to make that happen?
The one thing I was thinking about was, if I can use the back-up I have from my iPhone on the Ipad, and that way get the same setting on the iPad and through that get the Danish keyboard?

Just to paint the difference between prices, I can get the 32gb Ipad 4 in the US for the same price as the 16gb in Denmark so buying in Denmark would be quite expensive.
lindkvist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 03:01 PM   #2
ToomeyND
macrumors 6502

I don't know this for sure, but couldn't you just do a restore once you got home? You would be connected to your Danish iTunes account. I would imagine that would sync to the Danish software at that point.
ToomeyND is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 05:59 PM   #3
emuyshondt
macrumors member

You can go to the Settings app. Then go to General -> Keyboard -> Keyboards -> Add New Keyboard. Danish is one of the options.
emuyshondt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 06:39 PM   #4
DesertEagle
macrumors 6502a

You may even select multiple keyboards in Settings and then cycle between them using the globe-button on the keyboard (by the space-bar), e.g. Danish -> English -> German -> Danish -> English -> ...

It doesn't matter where you bought it, where you're using it, where your iTunes account was registered, etc.
DesertEagle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 06:00 AM   #5
mkhirale
macrumors newbie

1. Ensure that you have a current backup of your iOS device and content, in either iTunes or iCloud.
2. Set up your new device, choosing to restore your backup when prompted to do so.
3. Synchronize your new device with iTunes to restore your applications and media content.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:32 AM   #6
sash
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindkvist View Post
And enter the problem, since I'm danish and I need the Ipad for my studies I will need the Danish keyboard. So I was wondering if there are a way to make that happen?
I'm not sure you really need a backup for such things, as you could set it up in a minute via Settings -> General -> Keyboard and / or International.

The rest will sinc via iCloud, iTunes Match etc.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad