Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shtuffle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
I have an iBook G4 running OS X 10.4.11, 1.42 PowerPC G4 and with a memory of 512 MB so anything compatible with that would be great, thanks!

Celtic Warrior

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Toronto, ON
I have an iBook G4 running OS X 10.4.11, 1.42 PowerPC G4 and with a memory of 512 MB so anything compatible with that would be great, thanks!

Hal Life 1 and 1 might run on that. Although there's a lots of video game who be launched and converted Mac past overall years. I don't think you'll find games for your computer but half life probably will run on it.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
quake 3, quake live won't run but 4 will run on low settings. you can also maybe run quake 1 and 2 in classic mode

I like quake if you can tell :p

jamesbarns

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
Cedar Hills, Utah
Ouch. That is a very limited setup, not only for gaming, but just for running any of the applications that make having Apple computers worth it. I can't imagine how hard it would be to try and run some FPS games on that thing. I can't really think of any FPS games that would work, but maybe you can try finding some kind of fun casual game off the internet. I would seriously look into getting a new computer. If you want something cheap that can game, build your own PC for about $1000 and that thing will be able to handle anything you throw at it as long as you get the right parts. Best of luck!

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
quake 3, quake live won't run but 4 will run on low settings. you can also maybe run quake 1 and 2 in classic mode

I like quake if you can tell :p

Speaking of Quake Live....I've been having a problem with no sound playing while playing the game. The visuals and gameplay is fine, just no sound. Have a late 2012 iMac 2.9GHz. It's worked fine up until this past week.

Anyone else had this problem?

jamesbarns

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2013
Cedar Hills, Utah
Speaking of Quake Live....I've been having a problem with no sound playing while playing the game. The visuals and gameplay is fine, just no sound. Have a late 2012 iMac 2.9GHz. It's worked fine up until this past week.

I actually have had this same problem with this game, but it was solved simply by just restarting my system. I'm sure you have already tried that, but that's just what worked for me. Good luck.

--------------------
James
Best Gaming Mouse

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California

try re-downloading the game plug in

Nov 28, 2010
located
I remember playing one of the early Medal of Honor or Call of Duty games with my 1 GHz iBook in LAN sessions. It was not pretty compared to the previous computer, but it was fairly playable.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I don't see a library directory in Safari.

Thank Geek Squad later? Why?

There is no library directory in Safari, you have to go to Finder, then go to the GO Menu Bar entry and select the Library option (you might even have to press the OPTION key to see it depending on your Mac OS X version), then there is a Safari folder inside, an Application Support folder and so forth.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
There is no library directory in Safari, you have to go to Finder, then go to the GO Menu Bar entry and select the Library option (you might even have to press the OPTION key to see it depending on your Mac OS X version), then there is a Safari folder inside, an Application Support folder and so forth.

Ah, thanks for the tip. Although my menu layout is different than yours. Running 10.8.2 I think.

Let me sort through this.

Last edited:

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado

I played Ghost Recon, one of my favorite shooter games, on an iBook G3, should play well on a G4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.