Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:07 PM   #1
bigMAC28
macrumors member

Jquery IDE and how to set it up?

Hello, I am having trouble choosing/setting up an IDE for use with HTML and JQuery. I see on google that it IS possible to use Xcode/Eclipse for this but I am a total beginner when it comes to using these. If anyone could help or provide a step by step process on how to set it up that would be appreciated.
bigMAC28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 07:27 PM   #2
cameronehrlich
macrumors newbie

If you are a beginner and are just doing basic webdev, I would just use something simple like Sublime Text 2. It is simple and really powerful!
cameronehrlich is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 06:04 AM   #3
eattherich
macrumors 6502

Yeah, cameronehrlich is right. If you're just doing basic development with HTML/CSS and JavaScript (with jQuery) then you can't really go wrong with a lightweight editor like Sublime Text 2.
eattherich is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 10:25 PM   #4
bigMAC28
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eattherich View Post
Yeah, cameronehrlich is right. If you're just doing basic development with HTML/CSS and JavaScript (with jQuery) then you can't really go wrong with a lightweight editor like Sublime Text 2.
Yeah but i am also learning python at the same time and i would like to have it all in one spot if possible.
bigMAC28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 11:18 PM   #5
subroutines
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMAC28 View Post
Yeah but i am also learning python at the same time and i would like to have it all in one spot if possible.
I would use an Eclipse-based IDE. Try IntellJ or Aptana
subroutines is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 02:08 AM   #6
eattherich
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMAC28 View Post
Ah, ok. Well in that case you might want to try an IDE like Aptana, as subroutines mentioned.
eattherich is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development