Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Apr 18, 2013, 09:28 PM   #1
terry007
macrumors member

iPad to hard drive

I have an Ipad 3 with lots of video footage that I would like to transfer to a hardrive so Ican do some editing.

I was told by a Fryes employee that its possible but that I should buy a wifi HD .
Is this true and if so which one should i buy .?
T
terry007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:03 PM   #2
RadDave
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry007 View Post
I have an Ipad 3 with lots of video footage that I would like to transfer to a hardrive so Ican do some editing.

I was told by a Fryes employee that its possible but that I should buy a wifi HD .
Is this true and if so which one should i buy .?
T
Well, not an expert here but there are likely a number of solutions - let me just mention a few for your consideration: 1) have you tried a wired connection via USB w/ iTunes on you computer? 2) a number of Wi-Fi options exists as you already mentioned (e.g. email, iCloud, Wi-Fi HD, etc); BUT, a program that I've used is called PhotoSync (check HERE) - app on your iPad & on your computer which will transfer photos & videos from your Camera Roll to the PhotoSync folder on your computer - let us know your results -
RadDave is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2013, 11:50 PM   #3
terry007
macrumors member

Smile

Ok I'll try this system
I don't think itunes will work because its video that I am transferring video that I have then or that's need odor load from Dropbox to my hard drive
Old Apr 19, 2013, 07:23 AM   #4
madgibbon
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry007 View Post
Ok I'll try this system
I don't think itunes will work because its video that I am transferring video that I have then or that's need odor load from Dropbox to my hard drive
Not sure what you mean by this. iTunes will allow you transfer the video to your computer. Or as RadDave has already said use PhotoSync or similar to upload the video to Dropbox and then download it to your computer.

I don't own a WiFi HD but if my understanding is correct you can copy video, photos etc from the HD to the iPad but no the other way round.

Another option would be a video editing app for the iPad such as iMove.
madgibbon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2013, 12:54 PM   #5
terry007
macrumors member

Thank you actually i don't have a computer . My video footage is on my ipad and I need to transfer to a hard drive so i can take that hard drive with me...
T
Old Apr 19, 2013, 04:17 PM   #6
Badrottie
macrumors 68030

Do you have a MacBook? If so, you can use image capture app preinstalled by OSX to transfer pictures and video to hard drive. They are easy to use. I use it all the times.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 05:54 PM   #7
Chaz668
macrumors newbie

My Airport Extreme has a USB port on it. I connect a flash drive or an external hard drive to it then access it with an app like FileBrowser. It works well and you won't need a computer.
Chaz668 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 01:44 AM   #8
terry007
macrumors member

Thank you guys
T

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad