Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Apr 19, 2013, 01:50 PM   #1
mmomega
macrumors Demi-God

OwnCloud + OS X Server question

I am trying to get OwnCloud up and running on my Home network and for the most part it is.

The only problem is, my Mac Mini has a 256GB SSD in it, by default OwnCloud will use the drive it is installed on as it's storage drive.

I have a few 4TB external drives that I want to move the data folder to, the hangup so far is figuring out the pathname to one of those drives.

In OwnCloud you can open the config.php file and type in a different folder location to be used as the data folder, I just can't figure out how or what the exact pathname is to my external Thunderbolt drive.

Does anyone have any experience with OwnCloud? specifically with moving the data folder to an external drive?
3x AEBS 802.11ac, JetStream Gigabit, 5x AppleTV
mmomega is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2013, 02:21 AM   #2
rlkarren
macrumors newbie

All drives are mounted in /Volumes. i.e. /Volumes/drivename.

If your external drive is called External, it will be mounted in /Volumes/External which is the pathname.

The easiest way to determine a location path is to simply drag the destination folder into a terminal window, or highlight the destination and press command+i on the keyboard.

note: You'll also need to make sure the permissions on the new data location are the same as the original OwnCloud data location. If OwnCloud doesn't have the correct permissions, it will fail.
rlkarren is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 01:10 AM   #3
Kasalic
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlkarren View Post
All drives are mounted in /Volumes. i.e. /Volumes/drivename.

If your external drive is called External, it will be mounted in /Volumes/External which is the pathname.

The easiest way to determine a location path is to simply drag the destination folder into a terminal window, or highlight the destination and press command+i on the keyboard.

note: You'll also need to make sure the permissions on the new data location are the same as the original OwnCloud data location. If OwnCloud doesn't have the correct permissions, it will fail.
Bear in mind that Mac OS will ignore ownership permissions on external volumes by default which could cause you an issue. You can correct this though.
Kasalic is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking